Friday, October 17, 2008

Oi Vey!

I am exhausted! About two weeks ago, we were moving out of our house, and I was doin' most of the packing, since Caleb has to go to work. We moved into Caleb's parent's house (huzzah...) and we're still here. It's quite crowded. I am behind on sleep and losing my patience! There is not much privacy here, although I'm grateful that the in-laws were willing to take us in... again! I have not had much free time to decorate my blog, or even take a shower. And to top it all off, Gideon has thrush! And it has migrated to his diaper region...poor baby. This infection has turned my sweet, quiet baby into a constant whiner, but I can't blame him. Anything that I have done to try and help seems to have made it worse! I actually haven't given him this Nystatin yet, because I fear the side effects. Does anyone have experience with this? Any comments would be helpful.
So there you have it. I really wish I lived closer to my family right about now. *tear*

3 comments:

Jer said...

Sami

Your mom says to give Gideon the medicine as soon as you can. She says that the longer he goes without it, the longer it will take him to get better. Have you ever played the 'phone game?' That's how I feel when Kristi is dictating to me what to write while talking to the Dusan on the phone.

GOOD LUCK! *Hugs with pat-pat on the back*

Shelly said...

Uncle Dale says give him the meds - there are essentially no side effects and you'll have a happy baby soon. He needs to have it 10 - 14 days. Feed him first then give the medicine so it stays in contact with his mouth for longer. It will work faster that way. Good luck!

Kristi said...

It's nice to get free Dr. advice from Uncle Dale!