Friday, February 27, 2009

Hip Hip Hooray!

Guess what you'z guyz! Caleb got a job this morning! He will be working at a ranch in Montague, Montana, which is about a 45 minute drive from here. There's a joke about Montana distances; you don't measure in miles, you measure in the time between towns. So it is two towns from here. I thank The Lord for helping us out of a rough spot. As you may or may not know, Caleb had no work and no money, and we owe everyone some dough.
It will be nice to have a new house, and some peace. But I'm also a little stressed because there will be no in-laws to take the baby for a while. It will be all me. Egads! We will be in the middle of nowhere again.
Speaking of the baby, we did have a late baby shower. We got a bunch of 1-2 year old clothes, and a few toys. Gid still doesn't have a bed of his own or a playpen and such. He can roll around like crazy now, and can stay sitting up by himself. He's pretty vocal and grabby, he loves to death-grip my face and bite my chin with all his might. It's hilariously painful.
Caleb has been trying to sell his car and his giant tv for a while, with no luck. Ah shucks. And for some reason my left knee has been killing me for a few days! It hurts to walk or bend it or straighten it. In fact it hurts right now sitting down. It feels like it got smashed with a sledge hammer but I don't remember hurting it at all.
Well I hope this ranch job and new house work out better than all the other experiences we've had. I am happy and skeptical because we've been treated like crap too many times. Let's see what happens!

3 comments:

Mostly Broken said...

sounds like you have a ghost with a sledge hammer. its actually kind of common. they love to get you in the knees while you sleep. they also turn on or off lights and move remote controls, keys, wallets, phones and the like. small important objects. it may be to teach us that things don't matter but it just gripes me. congrats on the new job. what will happen with the house Caleb was building for you guys? wish we could have found something down this way for you but I think its tight all around.

Kristi said...

i glad for you guys. wish it was a lot closer to me though. there are many people here who would love to help with gid. good luck. love ya.

Shasta & Jesse said...

and i thought my posts were old!