Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Are You Asking For A Challenge?!

Bah. That photo contest was a dumb idea. I'm already losing interest in that train wreck. Anyway, I was noticing that very few people seem to read and/or comment on my blog. Hey I know it's nothing to get excited about, but at least pretend to be interested in my stagnant life here. This is close to the only connection I have with the fam anymore. Fam, what a weird word. It sounds too pop culturey. I'll stick with 'family' from now on.
I'll get to a point here. This blog stuff has been more fun to browse around and read other people's stuff than to write my own. I came across relatives that I even forgot I had! It's neat and depressing at the same time. I get to thinking "When was the last time I saw them?" "When will I ever see them again?" and "Yowza, they're married with kids?!" I feel so lonely nowadays. I miss road trips and family reunions and 7 hour drives in the car to California or Phoenix. Sheesh, I only get to Utah about once a year to see my own parents anymore, heaven only knows when I will see my cousins again.
So to my cousins that I used to hang out with, I will try to talk to you more often. If nothing else, I will try to hunt down your e-mail addresses. I need all the long-distance friends I can get, 'cause making friends here in Montana is never gonna happen. But this has to be a two-way thing; you have to talk back to me! (I'm looking at you, Courtney! I commented you on myspace and never heard back!)
Well to everyone, I'm not the coolest family member to talk to, but I just might be the most desperate. My e-mail is kohga_ninja@hotmail.com to anyone who will accept my challenge!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I stalk your every post! And I'm overdue for an update (that's what I'm supposed to be doing right now...). I thought you hated those long drives to Phoenix!

Kristi said...

Does this challenge extend to siblings too? I've fallen into the reading posts, rather than updating post. I do love your updates.

Kathi said...

Hello,
Can you come see my new house? It is so pretty! For the direct TV thing, my address is 3673 N 170 E Enoch Ut, 84721. I would have done it by now, but I am still trying to move in and don't have a home phone yet. Jesse told me I am out of minutes and I need to wait to use any. If we need to call you what number do I call? Is is okay to call you at the O'leary's? Love you and miss you

Shasta & Jesse said...

Sami!! it's so good to read you! i'm sorry i got board of blogging so fast. you shood join facebook i check that more often and its really easy to keep in touch (and fast).
p.s. i hope you enjoyed my punksheayshun and spelling. ;)